Handling of Personal Information at Osaka Electro-Communication University
Recognizing the importance of protecting personal information in an advanced information society, Osaka Electro-Communication University (hereinafter "the University") has established the Osaka Electro-Communication University Rules for the Protection of Personal Information. With regard to the personal information held by the University, the University strives to protect personal information in accordance with the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" (hereinafter referred to as "the Act").
1. Acquisition of Personal Information
- The University acquires personal information for the purpose of carrying out work necessary to support educational activities and student life, and for the selection process for admission to the university.
- When the University intends to acquire personal information, it shall clearly indicate the purpose of utilization of the information and acquire it by an appropriate method.
2. Purpose of Utilization of Personal Information Handled by the University (Related to Article 18-(1) of the Act)
In addition to cases where the purpose of utilization is clear from the history of acquisition, the personal information handled by the University is handled within the following restrictions on the purpose of utilization. In addition, consent shall be obtained in advance if the utilization of personal information is required for purposes of utilization other than those listed below.
- To provide notification and communication for operations related to the University
- For the smooth operation of classes
- For student guidance
- To manage students' academic records, study information, grades, etc.
- To issue various certificates
- To provide support for student life such as scholarships and health and hygiene management
- To support student organizations and extracurricular activities
- To support job hunting
- To manage courses for acquiring various qualifications
- To conduct entrance examinations and selection of students for admission
- To manage the collection of school fees, such as examination fees, entrance application fees, and tuition fees
- For operations such as the use of educational and research facilities such as libraries and Media Communication Center
- To conduct tasks related to self-inspection, evaluation, and third-party evaluation
- In addition to the above, to process necessary administrative work for the administration and management of the University
3. Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
Except for the following cases, the University will not provide personal data to a third party without the prior consent of the person. When providing personal data, the University shall take necessary and appropriate measures for the prevention of leakage, loss, or damage of personal data in addition to other steps to safely manage personal data.
- Cases based on laws and regulations
- Cases where it is urgently necessary for the protection of human life, body, property, etc. and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases where it is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of sound upbringing of children and where it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases where it is necessary to cooperate with a national government organ, a local government, or a person entrusted thereby in executing the tasks prescribed by laws and regulations and where obtaining the consent of the person is likely to hinder the execution of said tasks
4. Cessation of Use of Personal Data
If you wish to request the cessation of use or deletion of personal information held by the University, on the grounds that the information is being handled beyond the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of utilization, or on the grounds that the information has been obtained inappropriately, please submit an application to the Student Academic Affairs Section, Student Academic Affairs Department or the Shijonawate Student Academic Affairs Section, Shijonawate Administrative Department.
5. Management of Personal Information
The University strictly manages personal information. The University will establish and maintain appropriate security measures for its personal information database.
6. Confirmation of Own Personal Information
The University will promptly respond to requests for disclosure of one's own personal information so that one can confirm it.
7. Contact Points for Inquiries and Appeals Regarding Personal Information
The University’s contact points for personal information are as follows.
- Student Academic Affairs Section, Student Academic Affairs Department
- 18-8 Hatsucho, Neyagawa-shi, Osaka 572-8530
- Tel: 072-813-7588 (direct)
- Shijonawate Student Academic Affairs Section, Shijonawate Administrative Department
- 1130-70 Kiyotaki, Shijonawate-shi, Osaka 575-0063
- Tel: 072-876-3318 (direct)
Use of Google Analytics
The University’s contact points for web-related matters are as follows.
- Public Relations Section, Public Relations Department
- 18-8 Hatsucho, Neyagawa-shi, Osaka 572-8530
- Tel: 072-824-3325 (direct)